The Key Individual Role of the Stockbroker in Control
The aim of this course is to provide individuals interested in becoming a Stockbroker in Control with the structure, methodology and scope that this key individual (KI) will require. KIs are those responsible for managing and overseeing the activities relating to the rendering of any financial service. Managing means to have executive control or authority and overseeing is the function of supervising a person/s and their work in an official capacity. Where stockbroking firms are concerned, stakeholders reply on the fact that a competent key individual is assuming responsibility for the overall risk management and compliance.
The Stockbroker in Control is the coordinating and consolidating KI between firms’ external and internal stakeholders. They perform a key pivotal role of protecting the market and the firm.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Explain what is a Stockbroker;
- Explain the legislative construct of a Stockbroker;
- Explain the rationale for the Key Individual Stockbroker in Control;
- Explain the role of the Stockbroker in Control as a key individual;
- Explain the role of the SAIS;
- Explain what is means to be the Person in Control;
- Explain when a Stockbroker in Control is required;
- Discuss the duties of a Stockbroker in Control; and
- Provide specific roles and responsibilities of the Stockbroker in Control.
This course will only be available to SAIS members in good standing, i.e.
- Holds the CSb(SA) designation
- Is up-to-date with their SAIS membership fees
- Is compliant with the SAIS CPD requirement
The cost of the course is outlined in the Fees table.
Corporate members will receive a 10% discount if paying on behalf of their employee.
This course will be made available at set points throughout the year, depending on interest. For more information please contact Tania at firstname.lastname@example.org